February 02, 2016

Interior ~ An Illustrated Poem


_


Her mind lives in a quiet room,
A narrow room, and tall,
With pretty lamps to quench the gloom
And mottoes on the wall.


There all the things are waxen neat
And set in decorous lines;
And there are posies, round and sweet,
And little, straightened vines.


Her mind lives tidily, apart
From cold and noise and pain,
And bolts the door against her heart,
Out wailing in the rain. 

-
This was a small project, kind of a i-just-want-to-draw-but-have-no-other-inspiration thing. :) Dorothy Parker is by far one of my favorite poets of all time, I would highly recommend her (proceed with caution however, some her poems are not completely appropriate for all audiences).

I illustrated another poem by Dorothy Parker, you can see it here.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this! Thanks for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eve! I am so glad you liked it. ♡
      It would be really fun if ever you wrote a piece and I got to illustrate it! :D

      Delete
  2. Lovely poem. And well done on the illustrations! :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Sarah! ♡

      Delete
  3. THIS
    IS
    SO
    CREATIVE
    AND
    AMAZING
    GAHHHHHH

    ♥ omg
    following you to the stars.

    love,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbiee! :D
      I really admire your work, it means so much to me that you would say that. ♡

      (If you ever come out with an album, I would love to design a cover for it, if your interested. )

      Delete
  4. Sweet post! I really enjoy seeing your artwork illustrate poems like this. <3
    Sophia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am so glad! <3

      Delete
  5. I am so in love with this poem!! How beautiful. And the artwork is amazing. So lovely ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear!! :)

      Delete
  6. *Sputters.* First off, that poem. It's amazing and perfect and everything I understand. Second, your illustrations. I'm in love with them! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments; I truly enjoy reading them. ♡