February 22, 2016

O! The World was Full of the Summer Time \ an illustrated poem

A small and simple project for school.








O! The World was Full of the Summer Time
O! the world was full of the summer time,And the year was always June,When we two played togetherIn the days that were done too soon.O! every hand was an honest hand,And every heart was true.When you were the king of the corn-landsAnd I was a queen with you.When I could believe in the fairies still,And our elf in the cotton-wood tree,And the pot of gold at the rainbow's endAnd you could believe in me.
Willa Cather (1873-1947)

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Clara, dear. <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. I adore your illustrations--especially when they're accompanied by beautiful poetry. <3 Superb job, Ava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Eve. <3

      Delete
  3. *screams forever* oh my gosh I loved this tO DEATH. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. so good i can't even form a proper reply. awjofnoajwnieoa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhahahaaa i am SOOO glad you like it Cally. You are the sweetest. <3

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is beautiful! It reminds me just a little of 'To Kill a Mockingbird."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Wow, yeah! :0

      Delete
  5. This is such a sweet poem!! Wonderful job on the illustrations, as usual. <3

    Sophia xx | lantern-in-her-hand.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophia. <3

      Delete
  6. i have no idea why but i just started crying.
    this is so beautiful. wow. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my goodness, thank you dear.
      i love your work, so it means the world to me that you are able to enjoy mine. <3

      Delete

Thank you for your comments; I truly enjoy reading them. ♡