May 13, 2016

Summer 2016 Book List




















Every summer my mom gives each of my sisters and i list of books, often ones we wouldn't normally pick for ourselves.
If we complete the list, we get a prize at the end of the summer.
Below is mine; i would love it if you were to read along with me. :)

I. Amusing Ourselves to Death, Neil Postman

II. The Pursuit of Holiness, Jerry Bridge

III. My Antonia, Willa Cather

IV. 1984, George Orwell

V. The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde

VI. The Running Dream, Wendelin Van Draanen

VII. Rules of the Road, Joan Bauer


9 comments:

  1. I definitely want to read a few of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Importance of Being Earnest is a great one! I haven't read it yet, the the plotline looks absolutely hilarious. :)
    You made some great choices! I'll have to check them out. <3

    Sophia xx
    A Lantern In Her Hand
    The Inkpot Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I'll have to look these up! I'm always looking for new books to read:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh Oscar Wilde! cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read 1984! I had a chance to read it for a project, but I passed because the teacher has extremely high expectations if we chose it.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to read 1984 for a long time! I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1984 and The Importance of Being Earnest have been on my list for a while. What a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooooh!! Amusing Ourselves to Death is one I've just heard of and am immensely interested in! I have another of Postman's books, Technopoly, but have yet get any further than one chapter into it. Soon. :) Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments; I truly enjoy reading them. ♡